The year has certainly flown by, hasn’t it?
I have been writing, and not just for work (although I have been doing a great deal of that… interesting in a dry and legal sort of way) I just haven’t been posting it here. I will try to move some of the more interesting, or at least entertaining, pieces over in the coming weeks.
If you are in a hurry, you can come see my work, as well as that of over a hundred other talented writers, while we battle it out in the grueling “Real LJ Idol” competition. (link). Part writing competition, part virtual reality television show, and part social network, it’s a place where writers get a taste of writing for an audience, get feedback, get to know each other, and maybe even get to publish their work.
Many former competitors, and even a few current ones, have taken what they’ve discovered about themselves during the competition and turned it into career changes, book deals, professional writing gigs… You get the idea.
I’m writing more poetry and fiction, for the most part and less personal narrative; a change for me, I guess. It’s good to branch out, I suppose.
So, things that have happened during the past year that are noteworthy:
- I was promoted at work. Not such a big deal, all things considered, but it pleased me.
- I earned my first sizable bonus, um, ever.
- I suffered a kidney stone. That was fun, not.
- I went on only one major trip, but I am trying to plan more.
- I had two different photographs selected for exhibition; one is currently on display.
- I volunteered to serve as chair for a committee on my neighborhood board.
- I allowed something and it’s been issued.
- I adopted another dog, then said goodbye to a very old and faithful friend.
- I got an iPad 2.
Have a good holiday season, a joyful first night, and I will see you soon.